Install website certificates

Don Juan

Hi all,

I have the following problem: I had to install a certificate on a computer for a employee of ours so he could log in to a certain external website. However, when he tries to log in to the website it doesn't work. I called their helpdesk and they are telling me that the error code generated on the website means that it has something to do with the user rights. Can anyone please tell me what could be the problem/solution or at least in what direction I should look? Policy, local user rights, NTFS??

We have a Windows 2003 domain and the client is using Windows 2000.

Thanx!

Then the issue would be rights to the website, therefore the help desk of the people hosting the website should be the ones to give you (or your user) the rights they need. This would assume some kind of login that used a certificate for user authentication.

Other than that, do you know if you correctly imported or installed the certificate?

As it turns out, we installed the certificates under the administrator account while we should have done this under the user's account (after we added him to the admins group) :}. According to the helpdesk this shouldn't be a problem, we could just copy the directory 'verisign' under the admin's docs & settings to the user's. This didn't work right away, so I'm going to have fiddle around a bit more... Any tips?

• 1 month later...