My first server questions.

jpatto

errrrrr all i was doing was offering you a PC at your standards so in effect its not a load of crap. Its a load of sense - according to you it should have been anyway.

Anyway heres something thats a load of crap

Just rememeber you will be looking aat the guts of three thousand pounds to get you started.

Your almost there with you little gold star

hail hail

Well sorry, and apologies for the misunderstanding. Although we are no further forward.

Here is what I am looking at.

IBM xSeries x235 Server - £1447

3.6 ghz

1gb ram

109gb disk

Software

Backup Exec 9.1 - £318

Windows 2003 server Standard Edition 5 User - £649

Total = £2414

This is without a back up device and antivirus software. Also I would require a larger capacity so custom hard disk’s would need to be installed.

Please let me know your source for equipment. As you can see I seem to be paying more shopping at PC world. Links to your suppliers would be a good help.

Thanks.

Hail Hail

Firstly you dont need to apologise, the point i was trying to make was there is a cheaper way of starting a server for a newbie than 3000 pounds - thats all. I was only taking the mickey as in if your going to spend 3000 pounds for a starter server then a professional server in your eyes would be a lot lot more.

Personally myself would visit these links for cheap hardware - this is for UK though and you may have to pay additinal costs if outside.

www.eclipse-computers.com

www.ebuyer.com

http://www.nickknows.com/ - These guys have some real cheap stuff AT TIMES but are worth looking out for.

and....i see you have a gold star - well done