Windows Media Connect - Unattended

Thanks for the quick response. It seems Nilfred's method works just fine but won't know for sure until a real unattended install.

Update: Works fine in a VMWare install. Now to test on a real PC.

Update 2: Works fine in an unattended install on a real PC.

Well thanks, baliktad, for popping in! I was starting to wonder if you got lost out in the Surf! I should have stated my objectives a bit more: I could do the SystemRestore On/Off thingy, but I have this thing about installing everything via SVCPACK.INF. It does not seem possible to turn on SystemRestore at that point. The reason for using SVCPACK.INF is that this allows me to produce a Windows Distribution that remains as true to the original as possible, does not require $OEM$ or WINNT.SIF in any way, and is complete upon the first boot into the GUI.

And thank you, crahak, for your input. I was going along in the same direction of analyzing the problem, and also saw that it was wmsetsdk.exe that was causing the problem. Further investigation also showed that this file is nothing other than the setup_wm.exe file renamed.

Finally, thanks to Nilfred, whose post crahak pointed to as the "Final Solution". With permission from Nilfred, I wrote a modified version of his solution using Microsoft tools only. I will post this solution in that thread.

Again, thanks, all, for your time and efforts!