Slipstream from SUS prior to minisetup?

Does anyone know of a way to slipstream authorized updates from an intranet SUS server prior to minisetup initialization? I'm not a scripting genius (a noob, actually), but it seems as if there should be a way to grab the approved updates downloaded to my SUS server, and apply them dynamically to new PC builds prior to entering the GUI. Anyone have any idea how this could be done?

• 1 month later...

Recieved this solution from a fellow MSFN member:

@echo off

FOR %%D IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%D:\WIN51IP SET CDROM=%%D: FOR /f %%f in ('dir/b/s %CDROM%\Hotfixes\Type1\*.exe') DO Start /wait "" "%%f" /z /n /o /q

Seems to work well on XP; I have it setup to run from a bat file invoked in cmdlines.txt, using approved patches copied from my SUS server to my distro point. I still don't trust the logic of the hotfixes, and I am hoping they are smart enough not step on each other, otherwise I will have to create some sort of matrix to keep track of the incongruities. This solution doesn't quite give me what I originally wanted (dynamically slipstreaming all approved SUS hotfixes prior to GUI initialization), but it's a somewhat acceptable alternative. I wait until all the install files have been copied down during the text mode part of XP setup, then unplug it from the network before it boots up into the GUI for the first time. This way the patches get applies, and the PC isn't vulnerable to being infected before the patches are applied.

Any ideas for process improvement are welcome!