Windows Legal Issue....

Most software companies don't go the criminal route; they don't get the money that way. they are usually more willing to make a deal on the civil side to get some cash out of it. IF it was your manager that gave the disk out then I'd say he's probably on his way to a new post managing a far outlying group in the most inhospital of circumstances. :)

M-

:w00t: They said "Because of the beauty of the CD......" Iam Falttered and appriciated by the management. They decided to contact Microsoft... But I got a warning letter .My manager not....?????????.

:wacko: Let me tell you guys with a low voice please........

Thanks a lot, for the help that I am getting from this site- www.msfn.org to made that CD beautiful..... as our CEO said. If you think this an award then its for you guys So to MSNF.ORG. They throught its myown creative intelligentce.....

Take this ,,,msfn is unbeatable and unchallengable in unattended windows

Just to add my 'two cents' to all this but Interface, you are directly responsible as the unattended CD should never have been given/borrowed/stolen from you by a friend.

I'm not a laywer either but I'd suggest you rethink who you're friends are ;)

If authority catch The CD do I have any legal problem because of my contact adress like teplephone, PO Box and Email in it?

Of course, its got your information on it so they can tie it to you but...

...the fact that its being sold and distributed by someone, Microsoft would most definately be interested in. I think you could help yourself if you know who is selling & distributing the cd you made.

For that matter, I'm sure they wont prosecute you (same goes for the other companies software on the cd) as you will be helping the companies know that this is happening. They are likely to thank you in the long run and think about it... if it hadnt been your cd, it would have been someone elses cd.

I know of a person in this area that have been distributing illegal copies of MS software (the ppl receiving the software werent charged as far as i know) and MS have visited the person in question - told the person off - and then given the person a proper copy of XP and told the person not to do it again.... - whatever they said has worked because the person doesnt want to know about ppl & computers anymore :)

In short: They'd rather take the person replicating & selling the CD to court/jail, than take you to court/jail for accidentally allowing the cd to be 'taken' against your wishes.

Hope that helps (I know everyone else has comented but I just couldnt help add my bit too :D)

Regards,

N.

Regardless of the legal issues, there's the internal issues - I would fire your a** in a second for allowing this to happen!

Secondly, you should always - always encrypt your VLP CDKey on ANY CDROMS you create. I guard my company's VLP CDKey closer than my ATM PIN number. The last thing I want to happen is my traceable VLP CDKey end up in some astalavista search crack engine.