Can Java 5.0 INSTALLDIR accept %ProgramFiles%?

ran

As the title suggests, I am having a problem using the installdir to set the installation directory.

If I hardcode it (e.g. e:\Java) then it works. But, If i attempt the following:

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "Sun Java VM v5.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%SystemDrive%\Install\Applications\jre150.exe /s /v\"/qb ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1 reboot=Reallysuppress JAVAUPDATE=0 INSTALLDIR=%ProgramFiles%\java\jre \"" /f

Then it won't unpack the .msi and install in my desired directory. I've tried adding quotes around the installdir path as well (\" ... \") , to no avail.

I just don't want it installing to 'C:\Program Files\' as C: is my swapfile partition - no files to go there!

Any ideas?

(I've tried RyanVM's as well, and for some reason his still reboots on me - hence I'm trying to use the Sun version)

Ran

Hmmm...

That should already be set, I would think by my winnt.sif. I know the path is right, I just can't seem to get it interpreted correctly in the RunOnceEx.cmd file

Funny thing is, if I try this:

"%SystemDrive%\Install\Applications\jre150.exe /s /v\"/qb ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1 reboot=Reallysuppress JAVAUPDATE=0 INSTALLDIR=e:\Program files\java\jre \" " /f

It still won't work, due to the space between 'Program' and 'Files'. I've tried enclosing the INSTALLDIR path with quotes (\"E:\Program Files\java\jre\") and that doesn't work either. and I get an 'incorrect parameter' message

So, my installer refuses to accept the %..% pathname, or a direct "en-quoted" path name. It has to be a straight path with no spaces for it to work (e.g. e:\java\jre).

Maybe I'm missing something basic with how msiexec or these .cmd files work..but I'm clueless!

Ran

P.S. thanks for the replies! ;)