ERROR! PLEASE INSERT THE CORRECT CD :/

ajs

Hello :)

This is my first post on this famous board :)

I've builded the cd with instruction from forum.

I've jused xp pro (no sp1) slipstreamed to sp2

and xp home (with sp1 integrated) slipstreamed to sp2

everything unattended

Everythings was fine until setup loads and shows info that he didn't find any of os on this pc and could I insert a cd with xp home/pro 2k me or 2k or he will rebot. Yep i've found a post with the same thing, but there was mentioned that files like win51, win51ip,win51ip.sp1,win51ip.sp2 should be in the root of cd. Yep in my mcd they are but it still doesn't install :/ I have no idea about this :/

Actually, I've had that happen too. I used the same setup files for my standard install and my preinstall, the only difference was I only copied the i386 directory for my preinstall and I had all the folders for my standard install. Very odd indeed.

@ajs

No, you need to have those files (cd-IDENTs) in the root of the CD, AND in the folder of your OS.

If you follow this guide - flyakite.msfnhosting.com - EXACTLY, to the letter, you'll have a nice multi-boot CD (or DVD) ready.

If you were ALREADY following that guide, then here's more info:

Your IDENTS have to be present in your BOOT folder (for example - "CD-root\PRO1\") as well as your install source (for example - "CD-root\SETUP\PRO1\").

You might probably be missing a few idents, for YOUR specific version of XP and service-pack. Go to this page to get ALL of the XP-CD idents - [FAQ] nLite (yes, it says title of topic is related to nLite, but that doesn't matter, just use that thread to get the IDENT files).

Hoping this helps....

@jito

My multi-boot has been working fine since many months. I'm hoping that odd thing on your multi-boot CD went away - if it its still there, do post with more details, and we can set about fixing it. :) (the text above this line tells a few things which you could check on too). Waiting for your reply.

Dagnabit. I figured out my problem (not sure about ajs though). Somehow my loader files for XP Home and XP Pro got crossed. Well, at the very least my Winnt.sif file from my XP Home preinstall got moved into my XP Pro preinstall section.

*imagine a smiley here smacking it's head*