Strange problems with XP SP2 unattended

Hello everyone,

When my windows xp sp2 finished its installation normally, I noticed since the first logon that something is missing, when I check I found that I have the following problems :

1. IE Icon is missing from the desktop (IExplorer folder is there in Program files)

2. When I run Windows Messenger, it terminates automatically without showning its UI

3. I can't log into my account when I use MSN Messenger

4. Media Player 10 Icon is missing (MediaPlayer folder is there in Program files)

5. Entertainments & games are missing.

when I checked again, I noticed that all web sites that use Secure Connection are unable to work

I well give you the files (reg tweaks & Hotfixes) that I used to install Windows XP SP2

Please, have anyone any suggestion or solution to this problem ? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance :thumbup

Edit : I added the files

My_Files.zip

At first I thought that these services are source of the problem, but when I set them to run automatically, nothing changed !

do you think they are the problem ?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc]

"Start"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteRegistry]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\helpsvc]

"Start"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LmHosts]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WZCSVC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Schedule]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\6to4]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ERSvc]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\seclogon]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TapiSrv]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Alerter]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RDSessMgr]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SysmonLog]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UPS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CiSvc]

Secure Connexion Problem is solved :

We are using a server that shares Internet Connexion, and it's also blocks many ports to prevent students from using P2P apps, this why Hotmail & other web pages that use Secure Connexion couldn't sign in. However, SP2 is tricky.

Why ?

Because all PCs that use SP1 can sign in in hotmail and other webs pages except the PCin which I installed SP2.

After checking in the server, I have found that SP1 use some type of redirection to log in to Secure connexion, this is way the server allowed SP1 to log in; In stead, Sp2 tries to open the connexion directly to the remote server that uses Secure connexion. In other words SP1 Use WWW Proxy then it's redirected to NAT; but SP2 opens Nat directly, this why ther Server drop the connexion.

Is this due the security reasons ?

I Installed Sp2 again, after removing some registry tweaks and MSN Explorer (because I suspected that MSN Explorer is uncompatible with SP)

This time things got worse, Nither Iexplore.exe nor Media player 10 exe are in their folder.

I still can't use Windows Messenger 5, and Games & Entertainment are missing too.

What I think now is that Those services that I either disabled or set to manual are the cause, I more especially Task scheduler; because I think it's used to do some updates during the first reboot.

I got also another problem, Internet Connexion sharing and Windows Firewall Tab does have message (in French) that said Windows ICS & Firewall service is disabled; but when I went into Services to activate it, It told me then that this service (ICs & Firewall) have a dependencies which are not activated; I went to activate all services in windows, but still No result.

What I really want to know is that is Task Scheduler needed in away or another durnig the first reboot ?

Thanks in advance, I will try other Installations and I will Post my result later (Of course when I succeed)

I installed SP2 for the third time, this time I removed also those services (that I stated above) from my tweaks, still no luck.

Iexplore.exe and Mediaplayer10 execs are in their folders but their icons are not on on my desktop.

Windows Messenger 5 don't want to run, Windows Firewall is disabled, games & Entertainment are missing. :blink:

Ok, Ok, Ok I've got it , since windows wants to play I will play with it, I will start everything from the beginning. B)

I will post the result. :hello: