Can I pick a Path other than %systemroot% for apps

Hi everybody, I am most definetly a newb to this scene. But I'm doing my best. Why I haven't slept for days Since I got the fever of the "Perfect Un-attended install". Lol.

I would also like to thank you guys for all the time you must spend answering and posting for people like my self.., Ok Is there any way I can tell my runounceex installs where infact to install. Ex. I am trying to install Windows to its own partition and send all the other installs to another partition. I have three partitions for this XP disc C/D/E C=windows12gig. D=programs70gig E=backed up data for this and other Os's. I'm using Partition magic8.01 and have Dos/win98se/Xp/and thinking of adding Linx once I get a hand on this. Oh I'm using 2 HDD's aswell but shouldn't matter since Xp wo'nt be writing the partition. It only see's the two primarys. I'm hide the third one during install so the Drive letters don't getting switched

Anyways to clarify I'm trying to seperate windows from my other programs. I am trying to do that by creating two Partitions. the third is hidden where my boot manager is located for backed up data. The first partition I'm making about 12gigs for windows and other programs that won't install where I tell it. The second Partition Is for Everything else Games, Iso's, Office2003 Dvd's,(would have liked adding a slipstreamed version of officeproto to this disk)ect.,

Is there anyway of making an un-attended install disk that will allow me to separate windows from other programs simply by choosing another path. In this case I would like all my applications other than windows to go to D:\Program Files\.

I would imagine there's got to be a way, just beyond my scope. Thnx

Thanks. I saw that mentioned in support help files but I thought that would effect the location windows installed program files/common stuff. Thx a bunch.

Sorry for the new thread, I read this forum for days and did see this mentioned. But as it turns out it was right under my face Doh!