Can you make Updater look for it's shat on a CD?

Sootah

I'm curious if I can use the Windows Catalog to download all the various updates for the different Windows and then at a clients house make their update.exe look for the appropriate info from the CD as opposed to the internet.

I can, of course, manually install the stuff, but many systems require different updates and it'd get quite tedious updating everything one-by-one. So if there's a command line option or something to make it look at the CD drive for it's files that'd be simply awesome. (The Windows Update Catalog puts the updates into what appears to be the same directory hirearchy that it uses when downloading the stuff from the site normally for install)

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. -Souter

Hi sootah, welcome to MSFN.

Please don't bump your own topics - if there's a possible reply, it will come without need to bump.

The windows update corporate site exists for the same reason - to get all the updates downloaded - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/d...?corporate=true

As for how to install the updates, there's tools/scripts here which give the ability to parse through a folder and install all updates found there. So just need to set up the updates for each windows version in a different folder, and direct the script to look in the appropriate folder. Please search to find the scripts (VBS/batch-files).