RunOnceEx and network share

arjanv

Hi,

i'm running serval programs from the runonceex, and these arre located on a win2003 server. at that installation point the install ask for a username and password, when i type in the username and password from the server the installation begins, and work well.

Is it possible to integrate the username and password, so it won't ask for it.

Can anyone help me?.

thanks

Depending on what you are doing, yes it is possible. You could write a bat/script file that would map the drive prior to calling the program installs.

The way that I have mine setup is this,

-WinPE launches, prompts tech for username/password and maps drive to network.

-Tech is then prompted for computername and some basic info (Which OS, Office, formatting options, etc)

-Once they submit this, the HD is formated and several files are written to the HD, these include, Unattend.txt and several script files.

-Needed files are copied to the HD (i386, Drivers, some patches)

-Setup launches

-Once setup is complete, runonce calls a script Install patches/chipset and copy a script to the startup folder then reboot.

-OS autologs in, then maps a network drive and calls a script that will install all standard apps.

I made a login script (net use \\server password /user:username)

Now it won't ask for a username and password, but now i get a download look a like window with the buttons open en save, is it possible that the applcation start automaticly?