SAV/NAV Corp 9 + Windows Installer error - XPSP2

Testing ISO through VMWare on other PC.

Everything seems to run fine up until it started the msi file, where it sat for a while with a dialogue box showing "configuring Windows Installer" or something like that, and then it came up saying something about the Installer service not being available or configured I think - I forget the exact error. It ran fine when I did a basic SP2 slipstreamed install with the RunOnceEx file using the same msi and that, so not sure if it's due to VMWare or running off the $1\apps OEM folder copied to the HDD.

Quick off-topic question - is there a quick and easy way to disable Windows Messenger from loading in unattended setup? It doesn't seem to load at the moment, but not sure if that's due to no network in VMWare, or me changing the prepare.cmd file to delete the WM links and the actual .exe file.

The only thing I have run into with SAV and unattended installations is that u need to have installshield installed before running the of the shelf SAV installation...

To disable windows mess in the unattended install:

[components] section in the answer file....

lookup the name of the component for windows messenger and set the value to = no

Hope this help some... :blushing:

The thing with NAV is that it ran last time I did the install on here, using basically the same installation, except running the NAV msi from another partition, and I did have the regtweaks run this time too, though I didn't see anything in it that would cause any problems.

I have got the old SP1 code to disable messenger, but it didn't work last time I did the install - "msmsgs = off" - but I can't see anything in the SP2 help file to disable it now, except maybe deleting the exe off the cd and then it can't get installed at all, but it might cause problems.

I'm not sure what is going on here, but nothing seems to be working properly now, as far as the VMWare install goes. Some of the regedits work (custom msgina and maybe some others), but the time zone is wrong, no custom start menu button (changed text to Rusty) or quick launch, and even enabling the Windows Installer service did nothing, as even Office/FP 2003 didn't work (still sat there "preparing for installation" or something, the got the error.

I'm not sure if this is the fault of VMWare and something not right in there, or the actual setup files - though it seemed fine when I tried it on here originally. Even MSN Messenger doesn't load on startup, and none of the installed programs even appear on the start menu.... weird. I haven't really used VMWare before, so maybe I've done something wrong, or this is how it's supposed to go, but it doesn't sound like it.