sp2 install failure

TM_Gumby

I apologize in advance if this is a lame post, but I need some help.

I recieved the automatic update to install sp2 on my laptop. When I was prepared to install it, I didn't have my AC plugged in and I received an error that it couldn't install unless it was plugged in. No big deal, I plugged it in and clicked ok. The message disappeared as well as the update in the systray.

My dilema is this, how can I install it? It no longer appears to install, I can't find the file, and I don't want to screw anything up by downloading it manually somewhere when it already exists somewhere on my hard drive.

Any suggestions on where the file might be or how I can initiate the update icon to install the update that is somewhere on my laptop.

thank you in advance for any assistance you may offer.

Hello,

Try to set Windows Update in control panel to "Notify if there are any updates" and apply then set Windows update again to download & apply updates automaically.

By this windows updates may check to see if there are any updates and therefore it will automatically resume the process of updating your system without having to download sp2 manually

;)

I don't know where windows in which directory put the service pack since I have windows XP Pro and till now Windows haven't asked me to update my system; and you probably have XP Home.

but try to run this apps :

%windir%\system32\wuauclt.exe

and

%windir%\system32\wupdmgr.exe

this two apps are normally responsible for updates downloading process