NForce3 and RIS installations

Hi all

I'm trying to get a RIS installation going with a motherboard with a Nforce3 250 chipset, but can't get the drivers integrated into the RIS properly. The mobo in question is a MSI K8N Neo Platinum. I've gone thru the regular way of integrating the drivers, no joy. I've also done an XP install, installed the drivers into the OS and checked the paths to the files, and couldn't see any difference in the way the drivers were installed compared to the RIS deploy.

Is there some other way of getting these working?

Thanks.

Dave

Can you be a little more specific? What part of RIS is not working? The initial RIS bootdisk or the PXE boot ROM stage? Or are you talking about the Ethernet drivers for XP? Are you trying to integrate your Ethernet drivers into the RIS bootdisk? What is your motherboard and what are the Ethernet controller chipsets does it use?

I ask these questions because it's unclear where to start from your post. ;)

Hi Peachy

It's when the deploy starts to try to push WinPE down to the machine. PXE booting is fine, I can select the utilities on my OSC boot menu, but obviously there is a problem with the way the Nforce3 250 drivers are integrated into the WinPE deploy image, even though I have done many other NIC drivers into this WinPE image in the past. I seem to remember one other person on this board having a problem with these drivers as well.

Thanks,

Dave

Same board, same problem, slightly different situation. I can't seem to integrate this driver into my WinPE cd. Other drivers work just fine, but this one is a problem.

No solution yet, but you're not alone in this, if that's a comfort. :)