Unattended Office un-installing itself?

Hey, great site, love the guide, I've got everything working great, except for office. And if any of my questions are answered elsewhere, if someone could point me there I'd much appreciate it.

I followed the guides on this site and others to create an unattended winxp CD, and then followed the Office integration setup too. It hits my programs.cmd file that I call through cmdlines.txt and it installs every program I have setup to install.

I have gone through the Office custom install program, setup my MST file, and everything.

When the file hits the office install, it starts to load office, the progress box pops up, the blue line goes all the way from the left, to the right, hits the end.

But then it turn around and runs back down to zero. And when I get to windows, Office is not installed. Photoshop is, Ad-Aware is, all the other programs I call to install do. But Office does not.

So I decided to try and drop it into the run box, and see if I ran it in windows, if it would let me know what happened.

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setuppro.exe TRANSFORMS=%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\Unattended.MST /qb-

I just change the %systemdrive% bit to direct it to where the files are located on the CD, hit enter and go. The program proceeds to install flawlessly. And I now have office. Which I'm happy about, but as I'm trying to create a disk for others in my family to use, I'd rather cut out as many steps as possible.

Anyone know? I imagine it's a little stupid thing, I've made enough of those already, but everything else installs beautifully.

And I'm off for the night, I'll check back in tomorrow, if someone could help, I'd really appreciate it, let me know if you need more info, anything but the CD key I'll give up :P

I had the same error when installning Office. If I install it at T-13 (cmdlines.txt) it doesn't work, but via RunOnceEx it does.....

I think Office needs a logged on user to install correctly?

:} Hi Guys,

it took me a long time of smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee and bashing my head against my desk, but theres no possibility to make the o2k3 install unattended before setups completes:

t-39 nope

t-13 nope

t-12 nope

t-9 nope

I figured out with a little help of people in here, that necessary registry-tree's arent available along gui-setup, if you do a non unattended you can ignore the occuring error and office works fine after that, but it isn't really unattended, i've tried every kind of command-flag that is available with the office resourcekit but nothing works.

Just give up it's not woth time use runonceex or xpinstall instead.

Greetings

:(:realmad::}