Upgrade OS = no OEM?

I've had problems with this before, and wondered if anybody had a solution.

Initially, the first time I upgraded a previous OS to WinXP with my unattended disc, it didn't copy over any of the stuff in the OEM folder (and thus didn't install all the apps). It's happened again and I figured by now, it's probably just because the timeline for an "upgrade" install is different. However, I still would REALLY like to know if there's a way to get such an install to process all the OEM folder stuff, including the applications but also the System32 stuff, etc.

I used to think it would have to, because it was still processing the WinNT.sif (since the whole install never prompted me for anything), eventhough I always had to enter in the product key. Now that I think about it though, I'm pretty certain that it probably doesn't process the WinNT.sif. It just doesn't prompt me for settings because it "upgrades" from the previous OS's settings.

So any help someone could lend to get an "upgrade" install to run more smoothly? I hopefully won't have to ever run too many but would love to learn more about the timeline and processes for an "upgrade" install.

By "System32" stuff, I mean copying over the System32 folder in $$. In it is OEM information for our company, and cmdow.

As for the other thread you posted, I read through that one before posting here. I didn't get any information out of it.

Yes I have that flag set properly. I've been using these types of cd's for months, and have gone through several iterations of edits to the WinNT.sif file. I have always had the OEM preinstall set to yes. Unfortunately, I don't think when you run the setup from inside Windows, that it uses the parameters to process the winnt.sif file. Is there maybe a way to edit the autorun menu and have the command do this?