XP MCE with any tuner card?

X-Ecutioner

Haha nope. I makin a plexi-glass case for my cousin's xbox and he is giving me his old xbox case and I am gonna try and shove my other computer in his xbox case. I was just wondering if it was possible. I thought I saw a copy of MCE online for sale so i was just wondering.

Yes it is possible to make a MCE machine, but from a Microsoft standpoint you can't. The only legal ways to get MCE is from a MSDN subscription (but you can't keep it, it's for testing purposes only) or buying a new computer that has it already installed. There are only a few tv turner/capture cards that have working *official* drivers that work with MCE, all of which can be purchased from New Egg along with a generic MCE remote. I wouldn't trust a online retailer selling MCE though (since they really aren't supposed to sell them anyway). In reality Media Center is a program running ontop of Windows XP Professional, you don't really need it (it's cheaper if you don't get it) since most tv tuner/capture cards come with their own software that does the same thing.