boot error

Stoogemaster

Greetings,

After following the guide, I've created a great collection of files and OSes for my DVD. I've also put an autorun.exe in the root so that I can use another program for autostarting a menu to install applications and utilities from.

ANYWAY.... After a compilation and burn (to a DVD-RW) I'm getting a boot error - 804006f9, which cdshell.org says is: "In this case the CD Shell Loader wasn't able to find the file "/boot/cdsh.bin". Make sure you have the file in the right place and try again." The section of the guide that refers to the file /boot/cdsh.bin is in regards to Longhorn, which I do not have at this time :D . Is there something that I've missed or have I just pointed out the problem, no LongHorn? :)

Any help you can give would be great.

Also, if anyone needs the boot sectors for Windows 2000 Advanced, let me know and I'll send you a link.

Stoogemaster

:rolleyes:

you should have loader.bin , cdsh.bin, and cdshell.ini as well as modules, fonts, etc in a folder named 'boot' at root level of your build. Use loader.bin as the bootfile when you make your build and all should go well. Try unhiding the

'boot' folder & files if you did in an attempt to make the folder structure of your AIO look 'cleaner'.

Lognhorn is not the problem. When cdshell.ini is loaded, that displays the menu for OS selection. Once you selected 'Longhorn' from the menu, it would then fail to load if LH was the culprit. Your issue is before the menu is even displayed so it is proper loading of cdshell that should be your focus.

Sorry its taken so long to let you know the results. Your information is exactly what I needed to get things rolling. :thumbup

Now I have all the Operating Systems loaded, without longhorn, and 43 critical applications and drivers loaded into a fully packed DVD.

I used the flyakite.msfnhosting.com guide and also used another program called AutoPlay Menu studio 4. After loading the operating system (whichever I choose) I put the DVD in and load all the programs I need from office suites, to antivirus, drivers and appllications.

Thanks for all your help and I'll be sure to be back for more. Let me know if I can help you with anything. :D

Stoogemaster