No Repair Option

firstly great tool thanks to this tool and http://unattended.msfn.org/index.htm iv learnt to make my best xp disk so far with sp2 some drivers and a few other bits, any more id be stepping into xp dvd :)

anyway the problem is I set autopartition =0 and filesystem =* as i want control over this section however 1 option that it skips is looking for old instance of xp and giving me the R (repair) option, any ideas on the winnt.sif entry to enable this would be most grateful.

iv done a quick search of the forum and gone thru a lot of the ref.cfm that came with setup manager wizard and come up with nothing :/

TIA

I'd guess jrzycrim is right, though I couldn't tell you from my own experience.

You'd also have a lot more luck posting in the correct forum (this is not XPCREATE releated), and I would suggest a title that gives a hint about your question, not just that you have a problem. But your still Green, and you'll learn!

In any event, I renamed the thread, perhaps someone with the power will move it somewhere that more potential responders will see it (I cannot move threads).

Good Luck, and ... Welcome to MSFN!

EDIT:: Thanks Aaron!

Thanks for the pointers, iv established a multi boot setup cd (with a memtest86 image too) :) using cd boot wizard but I got a final question on it.

on the regular install so I get the repair option how can I populate the product key automatically as digging out my paperwork at that all important OOh i need to repair moment leaves me hunting for my book which my mrs has invariably moved to a non descript place :rolleyes: yes i could write it on the cd but you cant allways distinguish all the characters correctly with my atrocious hand writing.

Iv looked in to the oobinfo.ini method of having the product key there but dont know if iv implemented that correctly or if I even have oobinfo.ini in the right place