Roll over mouse effects help?

XPerties

This hack for invsion board called "clickcells"...It gives the section a clickable link and adds mouse over effects. Heres the code

<a href='{$ibforums->vars['board_url']}/index.{$ibforums->vars['php_ext']}?s={$ibforums->session_id}&act=ST&f={$Data['forum_id']}&t={$Data['tid']}'>
     <td id='forum2' onmouseover="this.id='forum1'" onmouseout="this.id='forum2'">
  <table width='100%' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0'>
   <tr>
 <td valign='middle'>{$Data['go_new_post']}</td>
           <td width='100%'><span id='linkthru'>{$Data['prefix']} <a href='{$ibforums->vars['board_url']}/index.{$ibforums->vars['php_ext']}?s={$ibforums->session_id}&act=ST&f={$Data['forum_id']}&t={$Data['tid']}' id='linkthru' title='{$ibforums->lang['topic_started_on']} {$Data['start_date']}'>{$Data['title']}</a></span>  {$Data[PAGES]}</td>
         </tr>
       </table>
       <span id='desc'>{$Data['description']}</span></td>
   </a>

Thats for the Skin/s1/skin_forum.php file and the other code is

<!-- Forum {$info['id']} entry -->
       <tr>
         <td id="forum2" align="center">{$info['img_new_post']}</td>
   <a href="{$ibforums->vars['board_url']}/index.{$ibforums->vars['php_ext']}?s={$ibforums->session_id}&act=SF&f={$info['id']}">
         <td id="forum2" width="59%" onmouseover="this.id='forum1'" onmouseout="this.id='forum2'"><span id="linkthru"><b><a href="{$ibforums->vars['board_url']}/index.{$ibforums->vars['php_ext']}?s={$ibforums->session_id}&act=SF&f={$info['id']}">{$info['name']}</a></b></span><br><span id='desc'>{$info['description']}</span><br>{$info['moderator']}</td>
   </a>
         <td id="forum1" align="center" width="7%">{$info['topics']}</td>
         <td id="forum1" align="center" width="7%">{$info['posts']}</td>
         <td id="forum1" width="27%">{$info['last_post']}<br>{$ibforums->lang['in']}: {$info['last_topic']}<br>{$ibforums->lang['by']}: {$info['last_poster']}</td>
       </tr>
   <!-- End of Forum {$info['id']} entry -->

My question is I know we had this here on time, is there a way to change the brightness or the color of the mouse effects when moving the mouse over the section. My current skin is to dark and you cant see anything.

-XPerties

I have bolded the areas that you need to change to make the rollover effects a different color :rolleyes:

---

<a href='{$ibforums->vars['board_url']}/index.{$ibforums->vars['php_ext']}?s={$ibforums->session_id}&act=ST&f={$Data['forum_id']}&t={$Data['tid']}'>

<td id='forum2' onmouseover="this.id='forum1'" onmouseout="this.id='forum2'">

<tr>

<td width='100%'><span id='linkthru'>{$Data['prefix']} <a href='{$ibforums->vars['board_url']}/index.{$ibforums->vars['php_ext']}?s={$ibforums->session_id}&act=ST&f={$Data['forum_id']}&t={$Data['tid']}' id='linkthru' title='{$ibforums->lang['topic_started_on']} {$Data['start_date']}'>{$Data['title']}</a></span>  {$Data[pageS]}</td>

</tr>

</table>

</a>

---

You need to change that value to a html color code, for example #FFFFFF for white or #000000 for black, etc etc..

----

<tr>

<a href="{$ibforums->vars['board_url']}/index.{$ibforums->vars['php_ext']}?s={$ibforums->session_id}&act=SF&f={$info['id']}">

<td id="forum2" width="59%" onmouseover="this.id='forum1'" onmouseout="this.id='forum2'"><span id="linkthru"><b><a href="{$ibforums->vars['board_url']}/index.{$ibforums->vars['php_ext']}?s={$ibforums->session_id}&act=SF&f={$info['id']}">{$info['name']}</a></b></span><br><span id='desc'>{$info['description']}</span><br>{$info['moderator']}</td>

</a>

<td id="forum1" width="27%">{$info['last_post']}<br>{$ibforums->lang['in']}: {$info['last_topic']}<br>{$ibforums->lang['by']}: {$info['last_poster']}</td>

</tr>

---

Same thing for this one as well, just change the bolded to an html color code value :D

i think that should accomplish what you're trying to do bro :)

lemme know if it helps,

Blackwar

<tr>

</a>

</tr>

you mean change the bold to a html color like if I wanted it to be black it would be #000000?

So it would look like this

<tr>

<td id="forum2" width="59%" onmouseover="#000000" onmouseout="this.id='forum2'"><span id="linkthru"><b><a href="{$ibforums->vars['board_url']}/index.{$ibforums->vars['php_ext']}?s={$ibforums->session_id}&act=SF&f={$info['id']}">{$info['name']}</a></b></span><br><span id='desc'>{$info['description']}</span><br>{$info['moderator']}</td>

</a>

</tr>

Kinda like that?

-Xperties

well its actually this you change....

onmouseover="this.id='#0099FF'"

but for some reason no matter what it changes to "ex. color code" its always using a mouse effect as black. I tried it the first was you suggested and gave me errors on the page, tried it this way using light blue, dark blue and even pure white and still black. Oh well i guess it stays black

-Xperties

well its actually this you change....

onmouseover="this.id='#0099FF'"

but for some reason no matter what it changes to "ex. color code" its always using a mouse effect as black. I tried it the first was you suggested and gave me errors on the page, tried it this way using light blue, dark blue and even pure white and still black. Oh well i  guess it stays black

-Xperties

How about try this :

---

<td id='forum2' onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#0099FF'" onmouseout="this.id='forum2'">

<tr>

<td width='100%'><span id='linkthru'>{$Data['prefix']} <a href='{$ibforums->vars['board_url']}/index.{$ibforums->vars['php_ext']}?s={$ibforums->session_id}&act=ST&f={$Data['forum_id']}&t={$Data['tid']}' id='linkthru' title='{$ibforums->lang['topic_started_on']} {$Data['start_date']}'>{$Data['title']}</a></span> {$Data[pageS]}</td>

</tr>

</table>

</a>

---

<tr>

<td id="forum2" width="59%" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#0099FF'" onmouseout="this.id='forum2'"><span id="linkthru"><b><a href="{$ibforums->vars['board_url']}/index.{$ibforums->vars['php_ext']}?s={$ibforums->session_id}&act=SF&f={$info['id']}">{$info['name']}</a></b></span><br><span id='desc'>{$info['description']}</span><br>{$info['moderator']}</td>

</a>

</tr>

---

maybe that will work :)

Blackwar