Probs with Bart on multi boot cd

DTS56

Hi there,

Many thanks for your suggestions Maverick and ArmyDoc.

I've now been working at this most of tonight, changing filenames and swapping things around and generally trying anything I could think of.

Unfortunately none of this has worked so far, even though in my last attempt I ensured that my dir matched exactly with that of ArmyDoc's (thanks for taking the time and trouble to post yr screenshot) except that the only difference is that mine does not include "bootfix.bin" but this shouldn't really cause this sort of prob as it's only there to display "press any key to boot from cd" which I didn't really want to happen.

The only other thing I can think of to try is to start again completely from scratch and start by rebuilding the Bart cd (output folder) and then completely rebuild the cd/iso again from that.

This I will have to leave until probably Friday night.

Once again your help is appreciated.

I will let you know how I get on.

Regards,

DTS56

Hi there,

Just a quick update on my progress so far.

Yesterday I tried remaking the Bart cd and using the just the output folder to make the multi-boot cd. Unfortunately, exactly the same problem.

Again, I generally messed around with with changing the boot files and so on but all to no avail.

Carried on playing around tonight and was on the verge of giving up on having Bart included when I remembered that I have a copy of BCDW so i used that to create a boot cd from a freshly made Bart output folder.

Guess what - the exact same problem.

This indicates that it's probably nothing to do with the multi-boot set-up as such but more to do with the way Bart is set up.

I have had a quick look at the plug-in folders for the progs that don't work and they all have either the file to run the program or what looks like an important file to the prog in their main folder and not in the files subfolder.

I tried amending one one of the plugins to adjust the position of the file and moved the file to the files folder and I really thought that this time I had cracked it but this just gave me a cd that booted OK into Bart but still wouldn't run the particular program. ie exact same problem.

I don't really fancy changing the plug-ins for all the programs that don't work on my Bart cd and I am sure I really shouldn't need to so I think it's now time to call it a day on this for the time being and maybe re-visit Bart on the multi-boot cd at a later date.

Anyway, I have just bought a dvdrw drive from a friend who upgraded to an 8x drive so I may well tackle multiple operating systems on a dvd next.

For my purposes, I only actually need 98 and XP, but it would be good to be able to include 95, ME, 2000, 2003 as well as a whole host of tools that I could make good use of.

Anyway, I just want you to know that your help and suggestions have been appreciated and that without the help and advice that I have been given here in this forum I would have given up on this long ago.

Thanks everyone for all your efforts to help me even though in the end I couldn't make it work.

Next job is to install my new drive so I can tackle several operating systems on one disc.

Regards,

DTS56