Cant install Windows XP! WTF!?

toreach

Hey all you professionals out there :)

Im trying to install Windows XP but all i get after copying the files and reboot is "Couldnt load KBDGR.DLL. Turn your PC off please!".

Same if im trying to install Win2k. Tried about everything and searched a lot but nothing found. Read something about KBDGR.DLL is Win32 and need the Windows Installer... I dunno...

Anyone knows what to do?

looks like a keyboard problem. since when do u have these problems? did you buy a new keyboard? where is ur keyboard connected?

did you try installing winxp from an original winxp-cd, i mean a not modified (reduced, hacked files etc.) one ? i recommend installing winxp from a winxp cd with sp1 slipstreamed. same questions for ur win2k cd :)

try slipstreaming the latest win2k sp and install win2k again.

well, i really tried everything (Bios settings, change drives, tried different xp/2k versions). it should work as it did before. i dunno why it cannot load this dll...

i guess this is since the windows installer in xp crashed and from then on its somehow damaged... But how could that affect a new installation from cd?...

i will try some other things to get the installation working.

System is Abit IC7 Max3, P4C HT 2.8GHz, 2*512MB Corsair Dual Channel XMS 3200, 120GB IBM IDE, 250GB Maxtor IDE, GFX 5950U, PS2 Keyboard...

This .dll thing is really annoying. I dunno...

Yes, thats german. And of course did i set the bios defaults as well as trying my own settings or whatever. nothing worked.

i will try the xp media center edition tomorrow...