Office 2000 won't wait for install!

I'm using the RunOnceEX process to make an unattended CD, and everything works fantastically, except for Office 2000. I'm doing an unattended install of o2k pro, using a setup transform (.MST) with the /qb- switches. Once the setup begins, the computer goes to the next installation without waiting for Office 2000 to finish. Here's the code:

%CDROM%\REG ADD %KEY%\016 /VE /D "Office 2000 Professional" /f
%CDROM%\REG ADD %KEY%\016 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\off2000\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=setup.MST /qb- /noreboot" /f

This is a problem because IE6.01 installs next, and requires a reboot (tried using /R:N, and I get explorer.exe errors until a reboot, so a reboot here is preferrable). The system reboots before office2k is finished installing.

Anyone have any ideas to make the RunOnceEX process wait until office 2000 is finished installing? In case you're wondering, I have the reg.exe program on the CD-ROM because REG.EXE does not exist in Windows 2000. :)

Thanks in advance!

i've exactly the same problem and i found no solution then to skip the restart.

well you could make a batch file that has a pause command in it, but then you would have to press enter after the setup is done.

I have the problems on Office2k and on Acrobat 5, both setups run in the background and the other setups run parallel.

the thing i did was to install first all updates/hotfixes that i wasn't able to integrate in the svcpack.inf (IE SP1 and all updates for it, MDAC, WMP Patches etc..) then i install the apps that do everything correct and as last but 3rd office and as last but one Acrobat 5. then windows starts up, the setups finish (office gives you a message that its finished and acrobat places an icon on the desktop), then i manually restart.

I ran across the same thing with Office 2003. The Office install would start and then Photoshop would kick off at the same time.

My guess is that "Setup.exe" executes some other program and then unloads from memory. The START /WAIT sees it unload and then moves on to the next.