Unattend driver and user profile problem

Guest tjabobom

Guest tjabobom

I going to set up an unattend installation when I deploy new XP clients..

I have two problem.

1. I want to copy som icons to "all users" "desktop" I use the swedish ver.

so I puted som icons in:

$oem$\c\Documents and Settings\All Users\Skrivbord well the unattended script

copy the icons to c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Skrivbord but the windows use c:\Documents and Settings\All Users.windows\Skrivbord as the "all user" profile.. why!!!!

So how do I solve this problem.

2. I have problem that widows not seems to use the pnpdrivers i put in $oem$ structure...

$oem$\$1\drivers: I put my drivers here

and I add the path in the unattended txt file

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

OemPnPDriversPath="\drivers :here my structur is more complex but this is just an example...

I unzip my drivers to the $oem$ struct... well som drivers end with .sy_ do I need to do something so it ends .sys....??

or do i miss some crucial...

I will be glad if I get some feedback

/Per

To copy your icons, use a folder called $docs in your $OEM$ folder and create a folder callled "All Users" in it. In the newly created folder create a Folder called "Desktop" or if its 100% sure that the desktop folder is called "Skrivbord" in your version call it like that. in it you place your icons.

The second Problem: that one is correct "$oem$\$1\drivers", but every folder you created in there, that contains driver files (like e.g. "$oem$\$1\drivers\vga" or "$oem$\$1\drivers\Sound" or something like that" has to be in the Winnt.sif file, and you have to seperate the folder pointers with a semicolon like that:

OemPnPDriversPath=drivers;drivers\VGA;Drivers\Sound;....

after the last entry aou do NOT place a semicolon! Make no spaces and do not press enter while listing those directories. then all should be found.

And to the files that are Compressed: decompress them (Expand FILE.EN_ FILE.END) or use winzip/-rar/-ace to decompress them. I am not 100% sure but it could be that windows does not find them, so just put both in the directories, the compressed and the decompressed then everything should work.