n00b question

heya ppls.

just was looking through on the net and came across this website accidently. have spent the last week reading and finding out about how to create my own customized installation cd for xp.

i found gosh's part1 guide and thought id give the basics a go... i created a a reduced source cd. i tried to boot my iso thourhg virtual machine but came up with the error. CDBOOT couldn't find ntldr.

this is what i have in the iso

BOOT

I386

DELOAD.BIN

DISKMIX.BIN

DISKEMU.CMD

LOADER.BIN

spnotes.htm

VOL1.DAT

WIN51

WIN51IP

win51ip.SP1

could any help with this n00bish question... im sorry for been annoying

I had a similar problem making a bootable CD, I dont remember the exact error message.

I finally downloaded the CDIMAGE and batch file from the page that Sebastiaan pointed out.

Heres the dowload for XP PRO

http://unattended.msfn.org/files/CDImage_Pro.zip

Just unzip and run the batch file and youll have a bootable image. Very easy... :)

You may want to open up the batchfile and take a look at it before you run it to make sure its pointing to your directories.

goodluck

i have a xpsp1 intergrated cd. & i also have normal xp cd.

should i slipstream my own copy of xp with sp1 or should i just stick with the sp1 intergrated cd files?

I would use the the integrated one because its already done! Im sure the Service Packs are NOT updated (thats why there are hotfixes) , so the one you already have integrated should be good.

alright, i used the batchfile and it found my directory.

c:\xpcd i went to go give it another try in virtual machine and again the same error came.

could i have possible misse something important. done the part1 tut. 4times now to make sure.