Device Driver File Extraction for Multiple PCs

tewk_dawg

I have been trying to extract the driver files for various hardware components, I have been creating my drivers directory using the OEM Drivers path in the winnt.sif file such as Drivers\000_chipset; etc. What I don't know enough about is the setup file with the drivers called Setup.DIY for example here's the contents of a Setup.DIY

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset134 MS Sans Serif;}}

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs16 pci\\ven_8086&dev_1019&subsys_02a71014

\par oem9.inf

\par

\par }

I'd like to know if this file is required (if not great - I'll just remove the file), can you combine multiple Setup files by simply appending the file with another file, or in other words can I add this to the above to make a single file. The problem I'm having is when I copy the files for one NIC to my 001_network folder and then try to copy a second set of NIC drivers (which also includes a Setup.DIY file) It, of course, prompts me to either overwrite the file or not. This not only happens with NICs, but also Video, SMBus & Sound Drivers.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset134 MS Sans Serif;}}

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs16 pci\\ven_8086&dev_1013&subsys_02851014

\par oem6.inf

\par

\par }

If anyone else has come across this I would like to know what they did to resolve it, maybe it has something to do with the software I'm using called WinDriver.

I wanted to ask before I started experimenting and creating a bunch of coasters. This cannot be tested with Virtual PC, since it doesn't look at the specific drivers

for these very specific hardware devices.