Make Internet Explorer 7 Usable?

11ryanc

So I'm running IE7 + Google Chrome Frame 32.0 as a second browser on my Vista Business x64 install, and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to make it more compatible? The issue I'm experiencing with GCF is it does NOT always render all webpages in the Chrome engine, only a selected amount. Sometimes, but rarely I can open something in IE using it's default Trident with little-no issues, sometimes layouts and elements come out choppy, other times it won't work at all. I tried following these instructions from AskVG to force GCF to render everything with no luck http://www.askvg.com/force-microsoft-internet-explorer-to-always-use-google-chrome-frame-to-open-urls/

I just kinda have mixed feelings about IE and Chrome. In short I like IE7's set of tools and UI with good Windows integration, but DESPISE Trident for being so incapable (in old IE anyways). Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions I could try? Already attempted to change the User Agent, let's just say that didn't come out too pretty...

Again just a second browser, so no big deal either way ;)