WSUS now working, but some odd approval/cleanup issues

Stilez

Like the topic says, I have just got WSUS working on Server 2012. As far as I can tell it's 100% ready now. But I notice a couple of oddities that I think I;'m doing the right thing but it's not working....

1. I have a default "approve all" rule, and Ive run it, but the status summary lists about 50 updates as unapproved. I can't work out why. They seem to include Silverlight and its updates, new versions of IE, and service packs (mainly for WinXP). What these seem to have in common is they are standalone items too, or may have their own licensing requirement before WU will install them - why are they "unapproved" when I have an "approve all" rule defaulted and run?
  2. I initially specified updates for Windows Vista, then unchecked those - I wont need them. But when I go to cleanup having unchecked them, I can't find any option in cleanup where it reports its removed updates as a result. It reports "0 removed". Surely if WSUS has downloaded them, then got told they arent needed or not to download them.. shouldn't it remove updates that no longer match the current "products and classifications" selection?
  3. I'm getting downloads for Itanium. I wont have any Itanium based machines - probably ever. Is there a way to exclude these?

I'm hoping these are quick to fix, and help's appreciated!

Edited by Stilez