Adding one exe file with just one DLL

EvilGuinness

Hello,

after booting my PE from a RIS server, I add scripting to PE without a problem : regsvr32 works fine for all the DLL's I need, and launching cscript "hello.vbs" gives me a wonderfull msgbox :)

I need to add an executable file that comes with a DLL file (noinput.exe and noinput.dll, something to block the keyboard and the mouse). I put the exe and dll in the "system32" directory. When I try to launch directly noinput.exe, it says "the system cannot find the file specified" or something like that.

Well, I do the regsvr32 noinput.dll....but I have an error : "noinput.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered".

I don't understand why it doesn't work : the dll files for scripting are registered, but this file doesn't want...

I don't find really interesting things on the net (the microsoft website itself didn't give me any interesting result : I found my error message, but nothing interesting to avoid it). I found someone who had the same problem (http://forums.aspfree.com/t21741/s.html) but I can't change the dll code, and regasm doesn't exist...Oh, I found this too : http://forums.devshed.com/archive/t-29188. Is there anything related with these "activeX dll's"???

edit : lots of people had this message, but I cvan't find anything that works for me...

Thanks!

Try putting the .dll and the .exe in there own folder in the root of the cd! :)

"noinput.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered".

Means that the dll cant be registered so just do like i said above! :rolleyes:

Also if that dont work the program may need some other files or runtime files to make it work!

Chris.

Add the vb runtimes to system32 - vb dll's cant be regsvr32'ed and they require extra files so add them and i bettcha it will work!

Dont foget to add noinput.exe and noinput.dll back to system32

Ill post the link to the files (runtimes) in a sec.

Chris

No, it doesn't work....but thanks for your help and the time you spend for me :)

edit : oh, someone in my office has found the source code (hum, is it an English word? I'm not sure...), I'm looking at it.

edit2 : no, I would spend too much time to write something in it...

This error message means that the dll is not a self registering DLL, so it don't works with regsvr32. One chance is, that it is a self installing DLL, try:

regsvr32 /i /n noinput.dll

You can find out, if a DLL is self registering or not if you use a tool like EXESCOPE and watch at the Exports.

A self registering DLL has a exported function named DLLRegisterServer

A self installing DLL has a exported function named DLLInstall

Its possible that one DLL has both entries.

Oh, well, it would be just perfect if it works under PE, but I can't send you money! :)

If you can do it, and if it doesn't take you too much time, I would be very glad....thanks a lot!

edit : it's just a program that blocks the keyboard and the mouse. I don't know if it's hard to do...

edit 2 : eh, speaking English forbids me to say how glad I am, it would be easier in French :rolleyes:

Oh, well, it would be just perfect if it works under PE, but I can't send you money! :)

If you can do it, and if it doesn't take you too much time, I would be very glad....thanks a lot!

edit : it's just a program that blocks the keyboard and the mouse. I don't know if it's hard to do...

edit 2 : eh, speaking English forbids me to say how glad I am, it would be easier in French :rolleyes:

lol.. nnooo i don't want no moneys! :D

I enjoy programming!

I look into it later on today - im making a Unatended XP CD! :D

Chris.

That's ok, you take all the time you want, I didn't hope someone could do something like that, so I won't say anything if you take even more than one month to do it :)

Just to say that I'm in France, and I stop working in less than two hours. I'm back monday morning : you don't need to do it now! (I mean, I will not be fired if I don't do this today...I need to improve my English skills)

You can wait the next week....I don't want to "force" you! :rolleyes:

To disable mouse and keyboard, you should install a special driver from the Windows Server Appliance Kit.

With SAPrep, you can configure your server to boot "headless" without keyboard and mouse connected.

After copying this special drivers, you should add them to your WinPE and configuring registry to load them...

I haven't check this kind of install but i'm currently working at works to build a Windows 2000 Server as web server without local accessibility (keyboard and mouse disabled) using the SA kit.

SAK - Making the server appliance headless

Although not a requirement, as the OEM, you can make an appliance headless by configuring it to only be accessed remotely. A headless appliance does not use, or need to be connected to, a dedicated keyboard, mouse, or monitor.

After the target image is functioning correctly with all OEM drivers and custom software components installed, you can make it headless by running the \\oemtools\nullvga\saprep.exe utility on the Server Appliance Kit CD. If the -D flag is specified on the command line, the saprep command will remove the keyboard, mouse, and monitor drivers, and install the null VGA driver on the target image.

Note A reboot is required after running saprep -d to make the changes take effect, for example, to make the server appliance headless.

Usage: SAPREP

[options]:

-d Disable VGA, kboard, & mouse devices.

OEM must remove the video card.

-v Disable kboard & mouse devices. VGA driver must be updated with null VGA driver.

OEM will keep the video card on the machine.

-u Enable VGA, kboard, & mouse devices.

Can be used to re-enable the kboard, mouse, & monitor for troubleshooting.

The default action is to leave the devices enabled.