PRO1 Boot File w/Slipstreamed SP1a

smbenson

I am having troubles creating the XP boot file with a slipstreamed SP1a XP installation. It won't accept the key. I have run SP1a using this key on an XP box and have also created a slipstreamed bootable XP CD that installs fine. For some reason using the winnt32.exe /noreboot to create the boot file for a multi-boot DVD won't accept the key.

I have tried to use the non-SP1a boot file (PRO1), but it gives errors not finding file locations in the txtsetup.inf for SP1.cab {Value 0 for SP1.cab in SourceDisksFiles}, which of course are not found in this version of PRO1.

If there a way to add the SP1a info the txtsetup.inf? Add other files to PRO1 from SP1? Get a working copy of PRO1 for a slipstreamed installation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Found a fix. Downloaded the SP1 boot floppies from microsoft site and copied them to PRO1, expanded txtsetup.sif, and edited setup path info. It worked, but I slipstreamed SP1a and the floppies are for SP1, so it ws looking for msjava stuff.

I will just have to reslipstream with SP1 and try it again. If anyone else finds out a way or can get me a copy of a SP1a boot folder, let me know.

Thanks.