Easy Question

Kristoff2121

Hey guys,

I have a cpu with DSL. I just clean formatted my C: drive and freshly installed windows. Now my DSL doesn't work. When I try to repair the network connection it says it cannot renew IP address. I remember coming across this before and it had something to do with the name given to the Computer in Device Manager. It is on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember. Anybody know????

If you are on a router check the router's bios (whatever its called) and goto status and see if its connected if its not try to hit connect and if it is connected try to reset all your hardware (router,modem,pc) and see if you can re-new it after that. If you are connected directly to the modem try to reset it with a screw-driver or pen in the back of the modem.

Hope it helps.

Hey guys,

I have a cpu with DSL. I just clean formatted my C: drive and freshly installed windows. Now my DSL doesn't work. When I try to repair the network connection it says it cannot renew IP address. I remember coming across this before and it had something to do with the name given to the Computer in Device Manager. It is on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember. Anybody know???? [/quote:b0bd7f04fc]

Does your DSL require a user name and password to connect?

-Xperties