msgbox in VBScript

Please see attached...

I am trying to create a series of msgbox(es) in VBScript which will act as though a process is running in the background (even though it is not).

what I would like to have, is basically a msgbox which tells the user to click the OK button,

Once the user clicks OK, another msgbox comes up and has the OK button greyed out, and in place of the message, is an animated gif (Windows 7 waitcurser)

this should show for about two seconds,

then at the end of that two seconds, the animated gif goes away and text is in its place, with the OK button no longer greyed out.

a better visual is in the attachment.

Can this be done in VBScript? If so, Please show me the code.

Thanks in Advance.

ImperialSpider

vbscript 1.pdf

• 1 month later...

first and foremost i am no vbscript expert. but maybe i can help. i don't think you can use msgbox. i think you need to create a custom dialog box which looks and acts just like a msgbox but is in fact your own creation that does allow gif's in it. from what i've read you'll need to create an htm file and have ie display it. i have a link to a site thats doing something like what you what, its an old blog so it may or may not work. i can't test it here i don't have ie on my computer. read the article and maybe try it out then reply back on what you find. keep in mind that i don't think this is the total solution to your problem, but i think its a start in the right direction. link is:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2007/07/19/how-can-i-create-a-custom-dialog-box.aspx

• 4 weeks later...