QuickTime Player 5.0.5 does not start properly anymore.

ppgrainbow

For some reason after I reinstalled Windows 95 under Virtual PC 2004, I managed to install QuickTime Player 5.0.5 (the latest supported version under Windows 95) and when the installation gets done, it refuses to start up correctly.

When I hit the right control-delete buttons (control-alt-delete), I found that the task manager reports that QuickTime player (quicktimeplayer.exe) does not respond. Furthermore, I cannot even properly uninstall QuickTime 5.0.5.

QuickTime Player 5.0.5 worked under a existing installation of Windows 95 under VMware and I found that reinstalling it can become a serious limitation. :( I could be wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get QuickTime Player 5.0.5 working again?

Edited by ppgrainbow

:lol: I would like to point out that Quicktime 5 would work if Hardware Acceleration was set to full.

I have the VM set to 64 MB and Qt5 eats up at least 32 MB of memory. To make QuickTime 5 work, I had to go to right click Properties where it will display the property settings. Then go to Settings > Advanced Properties > Performance and set the hardware acceleration to Full.

Gah, I'm dumb sometimes. I need to set the hardware acceleration to Full on the Tecra720CDT laptop, but I probably won't do that until after I get the hard drive upgraded.