Not displaying Thumbnails on network share

FredrikAtea

Hi,

First post here and I hope this is not repeated somewhere else but I searched for it and found nothing so if I missed the thread of this matter please direct me there.

I have a user with Win7 x64 Sp1 that just won't show thumbnails on our network shares. It works as it should on local files but when you enter a folder with .jpg files on the network, all it displays are the names of the files but with an empty/white thumbnail instead of the preview.

What I have tried so far is:

Checked to make sure that thumbnail view is enabled in the "folder options"

Disabling and re-enabling thumbnails in the registry

Installing windows live essentials including the "Windows Photo gallery"

Installing another third party image viewer "IrfanView"

None of the above has helped.

Anyone with another suggestion that I can try?

Hi, it seems to be all users on that machine and it affects also all shares on the network, not only that particular server.

I enclosed a screenshot of how it looks:

scrnthumbnails.th.png

And also this morning, without changing anything, it started load the thumbnails for a while but then after maybe 100 pictures it stopped and everything else looked like the screenshot.

Yes I have also started to believe it is machine-based cause It works fine with other computers, and since Friday Explorer gets stuck from time to time with the "loading circle" in front of the Desktop, Libraries and Computer icons and the only way to reach anywhere on the machine is to write the direct path in the direction-field...

If it is the same next time I go there I will most likely reinstall/repair windows and see if that helps.