Customized XP Pro Install using nLite

Hello,

I have to image a bunch of computers to be deployed in different locations. I am creating an install ISO with nLite and am using a lot of it's customizations to pre setup users passwords, themes security so on.

I am trying to figure a way to have it install some excutable files once windows install. I have thought of trying to write a batch file that calls them or something. I also am looking at the runonce area of nLite and know from some reading that this should be possible. I have no experince writing batch files that would install these programs, nor do I know how to use the runonce area.

Does the runonce area basically create a batch file for you? I am alittle confused and have googled the heck out of different ways to go about this. I put a $folder in the $oem$ folder of the xp install I am customizing. That folder has 3 excutables I want ran and 1 file to copy to the desktop. Can someone give me the basic run down on how to do this? I am sure it is something simple.

Thanks

Then why does it have options for connecting to a domain?

What other options do I have then?

Because Windows does. There are folks who run their own personal domains at home who want the features. As to what options you have, it depends almost entirely on what exactly you're trying to achieve. If you're simply trying to automate much of the install/deployment, MDT 2010 is probably a good choice. It's free, easy to use, and has no such restrictions as nLite on use in for-profit or non-personal environments.