Time Zone problem with Setup Manager

Hello all, this is my first time experimenting with unattended installation, and I've come across a problem that is probably pretty easy to fix but is boggling my mind. I'm trying to create a Windows XP Professional unattended installation disc so that I can dual boot on Windows 7 (need the drivers for my hard drive and probably some other stuff too). When I get to the Time Zone section in Setup Manager, a warning box pops up that says "Setup Manager cannot load the time zone data from the registry. The time zone settings page will be skipped." Then it directs me to the Time Zone section anyway, except there are no options to select in the drop-down box. I can't get anywhere by pressing 'Next' or 'Back', and I can't go to any other options on the sidebar on the left. Please try to help a newbie out, as I'm lost in the woods when it comes to things relating to the registry and all that. I'm running Windows 7 Home Edition 64-Bit and trying to create a Windows XP Professional 32-Bit SP3 installation CD, if you need to know.

Yep. It appears Setup Manager has issues running under Windows 7. I just tried and got the same thing (cannot load the time zone data blah blah). It then crashed.

You could run it under a virtual machine or just manually add the time zone info to [GuiUnattended] section.

Example:

[GuiUnattended]

EncryptedAdminPassword="No"

AutoLogon="Yes"

AdminPassword=*

TimeZone=035

OEMSkipRegional=1

OemSkipWelcome=1

Time Zone info available here.

There's also this little app that will create the file for you: http://www.filestube.com/528c422ded5fa7d403e9,g/Nader-Sa3id-dvd-Winnt-sif-Creator-2-0.html

Thanks for the reply. The way I got past it was I just didn't click 'Next' after inputting the graphics info and navigated past the Time Zone section with the sidebar. I'm going to try the CD with VM Player and see if I run into problems. If I do, I'll attempt your suggestion.