A connection to the deployment could not be made

I have a reference windows 7 machine that I want to capture. I have made a task sequence (http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Deploying-Windows-7-Part11.html).

When I run the Scripts\LiteTouch.vbs from commandline I got this message:

A connection to deployment share (\\server\deploymentshare$) could not be made. The deployment will not proceed.

Check the Deployroot value in bootstrap.ini... and also make sure you are using MDT 2010 Update 1 since it has fixes for this particular issue.

/ Johan

Here is my bootstrap.ini

[Settings]
Priority=Default
Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
OSInstall=Y
SkipAppsOnUpgrade=YES
SkipCapture=NO
SkipAdminPassword=YES
SkipProductKey=YES

Just installed the MDT update 1 and upgraded the MDT Deployment Share.

Now I got script problem when trying to load the LiteTouch.vbs in cmd.

It's complain about the login details even do I use domain admin...

The bootstrap.ini is incorrect, deployroot is missing, should look like something this:

[settings]

Priority=Default

[Default]

DeployRoot=\\MDT01\MDTBuildLab$

SkipBDDWelcome=YES

/ Johan

Still, same problem. Unknown username or wrong password.

You need to update the deployment share to create new boot images (with the updated bootstrap.ini)

After booting into WinPE, press F8 to get a command prompt. Review the X:\Deploy\Scripts\bootstrap.ini file and verify that you can do a net use to the same share (the deployroot value) from the command prompt.

/ Johan

You need to update the deployment share to create new boot images (with the updated bootstrap.ini)

After booting into WinPE, press F8 to get a command prompt. Review the X:\Deploy\Scripts\bootstrap.ini file and verify that you can do a net use to the same share (the deployroot value) from the command prompt.

/ Johan

Do I have to boot into WinPE? I try to follow this guide; http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Deploying-Windows-7-Part11.html

Just want to run the "LiteTouch.vbs" from windows.

Ah, you want to a Refresh, that is perfectly valid scenario as well, then you don't use WinPE... my bad, I thought you were doing bare metal deployments...

Please zip the new logs and post them (as attachment)

/ Johan

Ah, you want to a Refresh, that is perfectly valid scenario as well, then you don't use WinPE... my bad, I thought you were doing bare metal deployments...

/ Johan

Where do get the logs?

/ Johan

Where do get the logs?

C:\MININT\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS

Attached the logs in a zip.

hmm, according to the logs you are trying to run a task sequence that syspreps and captures the machine... You need to select a full standard client task sequence (with an Install Operating System action) to do a computer refresh. If it's an OEM installed machine you are not allowed to run sysprep (against the EULA).

Second that you seem to be connecting to the deploymentshare with a different account than you are logged on as, but MDT works around that by using the existing credentials.

/ Johan

Attached the logs in a zip.

hmm, according to the logs you are trying to run a task sequence that syspreps and captures the machine... You need to select a full standard client task sequence (with an Install Operating System action) to do a computer refresh. If it's an OEM installed machine you are not allowed to run sysprep (against the EULA).

Second that you seem to be connecting to the deploymentshare with a different account than you are logged on as, but MDT works around that by using the existing credentials.

/ Johan

Hmm I need to sysprep and capture a OEM machine.

Isn't that possible with that method?

It doesn't really matter if is possible or not... You are simply not allowed to sysprep and capture an OEM machine with any deployment solution, sorry... You are supposed to use a Volume License media. Enterprise deployment is one of the key benefits with the Microsoft Volume Licensing program.

From the Microsoft Reimaging.docx document: "Organizations do not have the right to reimage using OEM media. An OEM image can only be preloaded on a PC by the OEM during manufacturing. An image can be individually recovered by the organization (or a service provider they choose) by using the Recovery Media. The OEM recovery media should match the product version originally preinstalled on the system; no other image may be used to restore the system to its original state."

/ Johan