Vista x64: blurring/shadowing to right of windows

HardDriv'n

Hi.

I'm not quite sure when it occurred, but I had updated this machine to SP2 in the last couple of days.

I'm getting a blur/shadow effect to the right of any open windows on my screen. It isn't just the desktop either as it overlays on top of other open windows, or programs.

The issue is ever so slight, but noticeable to me. Does anyone know how I might fix this? Yes, I have updated my Nvidia drivers.

I can't see anything abnormal on the picture.

Wow. I feel dumb. Apparently it's my monitor.

It had the same effect on the photo displayed in the thread as it did on the Windows I took a snapshot of. All darker areas trail off to the right about as far as the original area.

I couldn't find anything by Googling my specific monitor on the issue. Should I uninstall SP2? Is it really needed for any important updates/features?

EDIT;

Well... after updating the monitor's driver (HP 2009m), downloading a utility for it, and running the utility, I found there is no software solution to this. I've uninstalled SP2, and all is well in this PC's Vista 64bit world.

I suppose that using a HDMI connection (instead of VGA) may have solved this, but I'm not spending any cash to fix a now non-existent problem.

Edited by HardDriv'n