Excel 2007 front print issue

neph

Good day,

Hoping someone can shed some light as to the following problem I'm experiencing.

I have an excel file that when printed directly from excel on different printers looks different.

HP4250tn - the font is unclear to fades away in certain areas. Bolded words or numbers are printed un-bolded

HP3035MFP, HP9000 and HP3005P – All text, numbers are visible but any text/numbers that are bolded are printed un-bolded

The fonts used inside the file are:

HelveticaNeueLTPro-Lt.otf

HelveticaNeueLTPro-Th.otf

HelveticaNeueLTStd-Roman.otf

TempoStd-HeavyCondensed.otf

However when I convert the very same excel file to a pdf file using cutepdf… its prints perfectly on ALL the above printers.

I have tried the following:

Printed from different computers

Reinstalled the fonts.

Printed from a freshly installed Win Xp & Office 2007 computer

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Neph

If you print a document from Word that contains those fonts, do they come out right when printed from various computers/pninters?

And if not, if you embed those fonts in the Word document, does that make the difference?

I think the pdf document is embedding the fonts. And I see that, up to Excel 03 anyway, Excel does not embed fonts.

See http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T001969_Embedding_Fonts_in_Excel.html for more on this, and a possible workaround. Whether the issue is embedding or not, the bottom line seems to be that Excel is not terribly good at handling fonts, and your non-standard fonts may be driving it past its limits.

p.