Network connections keeps popping up when already connected

kahlil88

I'm fixing a laptop for someone and every time I try to navigate to a page, the network connections box pops up and asks what I want to connect to, even though I'm already online. It often pops up several times before loading the next page, so I have to keep hitting the cancel button. I'm not sure if it's happening because I installed a PCMCIA wireless card for the guy or if it was an existing problem, but I'd like to take care of it before I give the machine back.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fixing a laptop for someone and every time I try to navigate to a page, the network connections box pops up and asks what I want to connect to, even though I'm already online. It often pops up several times before loading the next page, so I have to keep hitting the cancel button. I'm not sure if it's happening because I installed a PCMCIA wireless card for the guy or if it was an existing problem, but I'd like to take care of it before I give the machine back.

I think for solving this you have to go to internet option in control panel and then connections and in connections you have to set up the option Dial whenever connection is not present and then click ok..after that it only dials a connection when a connection is not present...

hope this will help you.....