AD User adds, permissions, and shares. Tool to accomplish these tasks

ericargyle

I'm currently running AD for a school. I have 2 OUs, very basic, staff and students. Staff has shares on STAFF_FS, and students have shares on STUDENT_FS. I have created a scripts that creates the directories, shares them out, adds the users to AD with login scripts, passwords, and home directories mapped, and then sets permissions per user for that share.

The problem is, there are several steps involved, and I'm looking to spend a few bucks to make this as hassle free as I can; which will also allow a secretary to take over some of the activities of adding students. The tool should interface with AD, ask me some details about standard location of shares for different types of users, and otherwise be fairly painless to manipulate user data after that.

Any suggestions you all can throw out? Thanks very much in advance.

Might want to consider writing a simple HTA to do this - I doubt you need to purchase anything (and in fact I don't know of any singular tool that will do all of that for you anyway, honestly - I know lots of separate tools that can do those things if combined, but that would be more confusing than if you just wrote an HTA front end for your (likely) already useful vbscripts.