ML-5050G

technoid

Windows 7 has Samsung ML drivers inbox, but no 5xxx drivers at all. A quick look on the Samsung site for that model also says there were no Vista drivers, so unless you can get it to work with older 4xxx drivers (also included with Win7) or a generic driver, you're out of luck.

Windows 7 has Samsung ML drivers inbox, but no 5xxx drivers at all. A quick look on the Samsung site for that model also says there were no Vista drivers, so unless you can get it to work with older 4xxx drivers (also included with Win7) or a generic driver, you're out of luck.

Yeah I guess I'll have to contact Samsung support. I bought the printer 8-10 years ago. Still works perfectly and runs on 9x/XP.

I have a few more "old" printers I'm trying to find W7 drivers on. These include 3 Panasonic KX-P10xx's (1092i, and older models), a StarMicronics NX-1000II, a Sharp JX-9460PS laser and a Okidata B-4200 laser. The Panasonic and Star dotmatrix printers I could probably use an alternative driver (haven't checked yet). The B-4200 has a W7 driver (via Win Update), but it is not PCL driver (only "MS"). And the Sharp I could probably use an alternative (HP Laserjet III driver, haven't checked yet, if there is one).

The B-4200 has a W7 driver (via Win Update), but it is not PCL driver (only "MS").
Considering the B4200 is only emulating PCL6 anyway, you're probably fine with the inbox driver. Would be worth installing Windows 7 and trying these older printers out, to see if they will print using a compatible inbox driver or a generic one.

The B-4200 has a W7 driver (via Win Update), but it is not PCL driver (only "MS").
Considering the B4200 is only emulating PCL6 anyway, you're probably fine with the inbox driver. Would be worth installing Windows 7 and trying these older printers out, to see if they will print using a compatible inbox driver or a generic one.

Well, I hope the "B4200 ms" will work, I haven't hooked it up yet. I also have an Oki B4350. When I added the "B4350 ms" driver in W7, the printer gave an error every time I tried to print. After I did a Windows Update, the "B4350 pcl ms" driver showed up and that one worked. Oh, the only other issue I might have is that I am using a parallel-to-usb printer adapter (there's another thread I started here somewhere about it), but again I haven't begun using it yet (too busy atm, so doing some research first).

Also, is there another way I can find these stock drivers other than through Windows Update? Does MS have a website for them? Sometimes trying to run WU can be an inconvenience, especially if I don't have the laptop near an internet portal.