RAMDisk in WinPE3.0

zekeg

I recently upgraded my WINPE from 2005 to 3.0. In my old version of PE I used a utility to create a temporary RAMDisk to store mics. user inputs. This utility does not work in WinPE3.0. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good utility that I can use to create my RAMDrive in WinPE3.0?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

I recently upgraded my WINPE from 2005 to 3.0. In my old version of PE I used a utility to create a temporary RAMDisk to store mics. user inputs. This utility does not work in WinPE3.0. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good utility that I can use to create my RAMDrive in WinPE3.0?

WinPE is a ram drive.

You can write files anywhere in X:\

If you need more space, the ram drive can be increased by modifying the registry of WinPE before building it.

WinPE is a ram drive.

You can write files anywhere in X:\

If you need more space, the ram drive can be increased by modifying the registry of WinPE before building it.

As was stated, WIN pe 3, IS a RAM disk,

Instead of using REGEDIT , it is easier to use the DISM command

%DISM% /IMAGE:%mlOCAL% /SET-SCRATCHSPACE=%SCRATCHSPACeSIZE%

Where "scractspacesize' environment variable can be 32, 64,128,256, 512

From what i have read , 512 is the effective limit, but TRY to keep it as small as possible,

the DEFAULT is 32. I use either 256 or 512, BUT remember it TAKES memory, so if you dont have alot

of memory you will impact what yopu are trying to do.

Hope this helps.

J P Morgan