Getting ready to quit

I`ve read all the tutorioals until I`m blue in the face I`ve read the unnattended guide over and over..

Now I`m close to just quitting altogether, this runonce thing JUST DOESN`T want to work.

Its quite simple really all i want to do is run a few exe files from a non specific cd/dvd.

does nobody actually know how to do this and can give me some simplistic answers

PLEASE dont post links to other threads as all I get when i click them is the dammed home page AGAIN. search comes up with the same thing and I`m afraid reading over 700 pages for one line of text is not really an option.

Please sombody out there MUST have some idea

Allen

thanks for that but not quite what im after......

You cant use that method if you cant specify the commands.

everyone keeps throwing the unattended install site at me.. thanks but if it were up to date it may help.

As you know SP3 overwrites stuff like that for SP2

on top of that it doesn`t really give any definitive answers it beats about here and there it touches a subject then leaves it alone.

A simple command line that will run an exe file from a drive that it doesnt matter what letter it is.. AFTER the install but before desktop kicks in

Surely not that hard ( well I know it isnt because i did it years back but due to a house fire lost everything pertaining to it..

now I`m trying to get back into it and seem to be getting nowhere fast)

:wacko: u see i not able to understand the intermediate process in your guide. i was able to perform the beginning and some of the advanced type. but i really need a detail of how to install application. i am not able to get the runonce method, cmdlines, winnt.sif, etc as there was no proper descrption in the guide(don't mind.) i would be really gratefull i u could provide me with an little more explained version as i am taking this as a project for my final year in college. i would really apprecite your help.

but I`m not the only one..... response to that post

That`s bad news.

If you can`t understand THIS by reading again and again,

noone can explain it better than the guide.

Maybe you read again and then ask detailed questions,

cause noone will explain the whole guide to you.

ok read a history book then take a maths exam you`re not going to get anywhere fast

Edited by AllenF

Hi AllenF,

I don't know exactly what you're searching for...

You'd like to install a .exe-file from a drive and you want to determine the drive-letter with a batch?!

When I'm right, you have to create a file called "CD.txt", put that into the root of the drive and use this script:

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%i:

%CDROM%\%YOUR_SOFTWARE_.EXE% /%SILENT_SWITCH_FOR_THE_.EXE%

This detects the drive-letter and runs your .exe-file.

Edited by HØLLØW