[FIXED] Can you set network location in autounattend?

crabdance

I'm trying to prevent the Network location dialog box from showing up when the desktop comes up for the first time following an installation. I would like to be able to set these parameters in the autounattend (if possible). I have tried putting this in the oobe pass:

<OOBE>

<NetworkLocation>Public</NetworkLocation>

</OOBE>

but with no luck. I have also tried the same code in the "specialize" pass, with no luck also.

Can anyone out there please help? I have searched many forums and cannot find an answer to this problem.

I appreciate any help.

Edited by crabdance

Please attach - Not PASTE - your XML

EDIT: I remember that thread now, here is the CloseWIN.vbs.

Set WshShell = Wscript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Do While Not Wshshell.AppActivate ("Set Network Location")
Wscript.sleep 100
Loop
Wshshell.AppActivate "Set Network Location"
Wshshell.SendKeys "%{F4}"

http://blogs.msdn.com/7/archive/2009/12/03...audit-mode.aspx

Edited by MrJinje

Thanks everyone. I searched a lot before I finally broke down and made a post. Sorry I missed the post 2 weeks earlier. Thank you so much for the help. The script file should be a great help. Plus I will check out the other thread as well.

Also, I will remember from now on to "attach" my xml files instead of putting them in quotes. Sorry.

I have been looking for an answer to this for weeks. Now I might have finally found an answer to my problem. And... thanks for your patience and help.

Not a problem. I find it best to type up my post in notepad, and then pick out the key words and search on those - the post never gets posted, but it does give me the keywords I may need to find something if it exists here. And, on the off chance I don't find anything useful, I just paste my post into a new post window in the browser.