%USERPROFILEDATA% environment variable

graham6282

Hi,

Is it possible to create the environment variable %USERPROFILEDATA% which would be used like with %USERPROFILE%

I want to change the location of these folders

DOCUMENTS

DOWNLOADS

FAVORITES

MUSIC

PICTURES

VIDEO

and possibly SAVED GAMES

from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

So that the value would be %USERPROFILEDATA%\Music instead of %USERPROFILE%\Music

I want this to point to D:\Users\%USERNAME%\Music etc. instead of C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Music (note: D:\ is a storage partition on the same disk)

in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Also, i notice that the DOWNLOADS reg entry has the name {374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}

Is there any way of knowing EXACTLY what that means?? i mean can i do it with other hex names, values etc.

This is so i can create a default user profile and then if another user is created, it also creates the D:\Users\%USERNAME% folders

Thanks in advance :thumbup

EDIT:

I have noticed another registry key HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders which is the same as the one above

Is this a generic one that gets copied to HKCU ? ? Would it be possible to use this from unattended install??

EH!!!!!!!!!!! Confused lol, there is the same registry entry from every folder within the HKEY_USERS location ????

Still though, need to sort that variable out first lol.

Edited by graham6282