Wndows 7 Ultimate language selection choices

Arie

I have asked this question elsewhere as well, but thus far no one has been able to answer my question. I hope someone here will be able to though.

Windows 7 Ultimate allows you to change the installed language once you have finished installing Windows 7 Ultimate. You can download various language packs from Windows Update to change your language into Dutch, German, Danish, et cetera. My question is not about the languages which you can change your installation of Windows 7 Ultimate into once you have installed it, but about the language which is used during the setup process. For example, if I would purchase a Dutch copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, will the installation procedure be in Dutch, or can I choose any other language from the first screen which you get when you start the installation? I have asked Microsoft and they could not answer this what I believe is a simple question. Microsoft told me to "go and try it", meaning that I would have to purchase a Dutch copy of Windows 7 Ultimate for example to see if I can select any other language, which is simply ridiculous.

I have downloaded various illegal copies of Windows 7 Ultimate therefore, only to start the installation in Virtual PC to see if the language selection screen and the possible choices. A 32-bit and a 64-bit English version of Windows 7 Ultimate both showed me only English as an option. Another copy which I downloaded was said to be Dutch and it contained both the 32-bit as well as the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate and the language selection screen showed various languages, such as Danish, English, Spanish, German, Dutch, et cetera. (Which reminds me of another question, does a retail copy of Windows 7 Ultimate contain both the 32-bit as well as the 64-bit version of the operating system?) But was this really a Dutch retail release or was it a MSDN copy for example? I do not know.

So, for anyone out there who has a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, in whatever language, can you only choose one language (only English, only Dutch, only French, et cetera) or could you choose from a list of languages (English and Dutch and French, et cetera)? I need to have a installation disc which allows me to change the language already at the beginning of the setup process. I know that you can integrate language packs yourself, but it is much easier of course if you could simply purchase a copy where this is possible by default. I hope someone here can answer my question.