Web TS Login Script help?

dubsdj

Hi

I have set up a test environment with Web TS. I have managed to get it working inside and outside of the office. I am able to run applications remotely etc..

Only thing is that I want the user to have to run a login script before they get to the main menu..

I have managed to enable a login script to be run when a user clicks on a menu icon which says "Run login script".. But the thing is that I don't want users to have to click an icon manually.. I would rather if there was a way to auto run the login script before they get to the TS main page.

I had another idea of attaching a script to each application that they run, which works but that seems a very unefficient way of doing it because then I would have to create scripts for every single application that I wish to run.

Anyway if anybody knows where I can find some useful info I would be very grateful.

Logon scripts don't run for published apps, because the hooks for logon scripts are actually in the shell (if they don't fire, which they won't when explorer.exe isn't launched, you won't get a logon script for the user). One thing you can try is to run a "pre-flight" script which calls "runonce /alternateshellstartup" and then starts the published app. If not, you're stuck running a script to launch your "logon script" and then the app, unfortunately. Windows just wasn't designed not to have the shell running.

I have just noticed that ts web runs the active Directory users logon script automatically.

I have tested it with various users now and it indeed runs the login script that is associated with the user in Active Directory... That's pretty cool because all their drives are mapped.

I haven't tried this remotely but I guess it would be the same principle.