How to delete hidden directory

Luxman

Hi. I hope this question isn't out of bounds.

I have a removable disc (portable music player) with a directory that can only be seen on the pmp itself.

In windows explorer, even with show hidden files and folders activated, the directory will not show up, and thus, I cannot delete it. As well, when I conduct a search of the drive, the directory does not show up.

Explorer does recognize the directory is there, though, because if I try to create another directory with the same name a prompt will appear stating a directory of the same name already exists.

The directory was placed on the pmp by the OS (XP). It was a fluke occurance. The directory has never been there before. The directory name is recycled.

If anyone would be able to suggest some way to remove this directory it would be appreciated. I would much rather not have to re-install the firmware and reload all the data.

Thank you kindly.

Edited by Luxman

If I am recalling correctly that's the directory name of the recycle bin in FAT32. Not sure you can't delete it. If you set show protected operating system files in addition to show hidden files, you should be able to see it.