How to get Windows 7 x64 unattended?!?

Hi there,

I'm quite new to Windows 7, not to say that I've never used neither it nor Vista before. However, I've gone quite well making an unattended CD/DVDs for my Windows XP. As far as I can see, the deployment of Windows 7 in unattended environment (is this correct wording?) is quite cumbersome compared to Win XP. And I know that cluberti and some other guys are working on a "polished" version of the Unattended Guide for post-XP systems incl. Windows 7.

But for the start I would like to know how can I start making unattended installation of Windows 7 x64 for me?!? Which tools should I use, where can I find useful information (a sort of a guide or smth)?!? I will highly appreciate your help, guys!

Thank you!

WOW Have some patience.

There are THOUSANDS of people that visit here on a daily basis. What do you want a bunch of useless crap posts?

Or are you more willing to wait and get a proper answer?

P.S. It's called W.A.I.K. (Google is your friend)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

You basically will need to create an unattend.xml file using WAIK as mentioned above. Make sure you use the AMD64 components when building the file.

I mean to start with, download and install WAIK (its free from MS) then start with a simple unattend.xml file by filling in just the computername or something to get the feel for things. Then start adding in all the other pieces you need.